Cards

Park Play Slimline Shaker

June 10, 2022
Hello Bluebird Slimline Shaker card

Hi friends! Today I am sharing a slimline shaker card using Hello Bluebird products. I had made some shaker tags back in April with Hello Bluebird’s Park Play stamp set, and at the time, I stamped and cut out so many images that didn’t make it onto the tags. So, I thought I would make a card with them!

Coloring the images

To start, I colored all the images with Copic markers. Here are the colors I used:

Raccoon: W7, W5, W3, W1, W0
Snail: E43, E42, E41, E40
Bee: Y15, Y13, Y11, 100, B0000
Squirrel: E19, E15, E13, E11, RV63, RV66, YG01, YG03, E50
Bear: E53, E51, E50, E000
Butterfly: RV66, RV63,
Bunny: W3, W1, W0, W00
Frog: YG17, YG03, YG01
Cheeks: R20, R00
Balloons: B05, B04, B02, B00 / RV25, RV23, RV21
Flowers: RV25, RV23, RV21 / RV17, RV14, RV13 / RV66, RV63 / Y15, Y13, Y11 / YG17,YG03,YG01
Sun: Y15, Y13, Y11

Making the card panel

Next, I cut out the slimline panel with Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #5 Die. I turned the die cut around and taped the scalloped frame to the window frame. Then, I attached a piece of acetate over the window opening. Next, I cut a piece of white cardstock which measured slightly less than the scalloped frame. I made a cloud background over this panel by using Distress Oxide ink in Salvaged Patina over My Favorite Things Slimline Cloud stencil. I added foam tape to the back of the entire panel to create wells for each window. Finally, I added sequins, confetti, and seed beads to each well, peeled off the back of the foam tape, and attached the cloud background panel.

Arranging all the images and finishing the card front

Now it was time to finish the front of the card. First, I used Lawn Fawn’s Grassy Hillside border die to cut out grass from green cardstock the same length as the bottom of each window frame. I repeated this two more times. Then, I blended some Distress Oxide in Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron over all of them. Next, I attached them to the bottom of each window. I arranged all my images on top of the card panel. Then, I added foam tape to the back of some of the images so the card would have some dimension and attached everything into place. I finished the card by adding the panel onto a 8.5″ x 3.5″ card base.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you give this type of card design a try! – Mona

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply